Support Our Work » Volunteer/Intern with Solar Richmond
Want to help us spread the word about solar and to help build an inclusive green economy? Interested in gaining skills and knowledge in the solar or marketing fields, and networking with community members with similar interests?
Volunteers are a critical part of Solar Richmond’s success. We are a relatively small organization, but we can do large things with just a little outside help! We thrive off of the energy and expertise that many types of people share while volunteering some of their time with us. There are many different ways you can become involved!
Let us know your area of expertise, interest, and availability by filling out the form below. We will contact you as soon as we have a volunteer opportunity that suits your skills and interests. In addition, you may sign up for updates about our current opportunities.
Some current volunteer opportunities include:
- Join us in our FirstGiving Campaign & lively fundraising events! - This is a fun, quick, and easy way you can contribute to building an inclusive green economy by spreading the word and raising funds for Solar Richmond. Click here to learn more and register to join us!
- General/Event Support – give general support before, after, or during events, and for specific opportunities that arise throughout the year.
- Web-based Outreach and Social Media – help us tell your friends about Solar Richmond and local opportunities.
- Hosting a House or Office Party – host an educational event for community members to help promote solar and Solar Richmond. Word-of-mouth through neighbors and community members is the most effective way to spread solar!
- Mentoring and Inspirational Workshops for Graduates – provide support to Solar Richmond graduates by serving as a mentor or inspirational speaker at one, or more of our workshops on professional development, soft skills/communication, computer skills, and more. If you have an area of expertise that you would like to share, please specify in the form below. We love new ideas and suggestions.
Personally support health & sustainability in your neighborhood by taking a pledge of movement (biking, walking, etc.), while raising funds for Solar Richmond, as we foster health and sustainability in our community with our nonprofit mission. Participating has multiple benefits - get fit & have fun, while giving back! Check out our page on FirstGiving to find out more and to join us today.
Fill out this form below, and we will contact you as soon as we have an opportunity that suits your skills and interests. Thank you!